Tips to stay cool this summer whilst pregnant
- This one may seem obvious but STAY HYDRATED! Drink lots of water and if you think you may be getting dehydrated, seek medical advice from your midwife.
- Wear lightweight, floaty clothing. Tight clothes are not your friend at this time of year! Try this gorgeous, floaty maxi dress.
- Crunch on ice. Grab a cup and fill it with ice, munch away and you’ll soon start to feel refreshed.
- Cool down your wrists. Don’t ask me how it works but it does. I was 9 months pregnant in August 2009 and it was a scorcher. I had to keep popping inside to submerge my wrists in cold water in the sink which seemed to help massively.
- Keep your feet as bare as possible, bare foot in the house, flip flops that offer support, so you don’t get a bad back, outside.
- If you’ve still got a while to go and are really struggling think about investing in a plug in air conditioner. Keep the box and instructions and sell it on afterwards.
- Buy a cheap, kids paddling pool, fill it with cold water and either sit with your feet in it, or go the whole hog and climb right in there. The best part is you can then reuse it for your baby when it’s a bit older!
- Buy a water spray to keep you cool on the go.
- A big bottle with lots of ice and water in in front of the fan.
- Close your curtains in the day to keep your bedroom cool.
- Soak a towel or muslin cloth with cold water and put it around your neck or just lay them over your skin at night.
- Lots of luke warm showers.
- Tie your hair up. The less you have touching your skin the better!
- Stay out of the sun as much as you can and don’t forget your sunscreen!
Do you have any more tips for staying cool? Pop them in the comments below to help out our fellow hot mamas.
Check out our gorgeous range of summer clothes here!